I checked my emails this morning and was so surprised to have gotten a nomination for the Kreativ Blogger Award from one of my fellow bloggers. Thank you Joan!
Joan just started blogging at her new blog site : The Thing About Joan and already has a following. It’s because she really puts creativity and a bit of herself into her posts. The pictures, commentary on life with kids and recipes help make life seem a little more fun.
As part of accepting my award, I would like to thank the academy ( Kreativ Blogger,)I’ve always wanted to say that. I must name 7 things you might find interesting about me. So here goes:
1. My youngest daughter and I share the same birthday. What a great birthday present!
2. I always hated my middle name. It begins with a “C.” I like it now, age has a way of mellowing you out. Can you guess what it is?
3. I’ve met Jon Bon-Jovi and Barack Obama. Don’t ask me which one I liked meeting more, they’re both very nice, but… I was a huge Bon-Jovi fan.
4. I grew up with three sisters. And there are no male heirs to carry on the family name. I feel guilty I didn’t hyphenate.
5. I once worked in a zoo. ( I know what you’re thinking, no a real zoo)
6. I’m related to Sir Edmund Burke, William the Conqueror’s step-brother and Calamity Jane. My family would agree with the last one.
7. I have always wanted to sing in my husbands band. He won’t let me – I sometimes feel like Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy, “Ricky, let me sing in the band!” I actually think she dressed up once incognito and snuck onstage.
Insert light bulb icon here.
Now it’s my turn. Here are four of my favorite blogs. In no particular order:
1. Renee’s Revelings – Reading Renee’s blog, I feel welcome, as if we are sitting down and chatting at the kitchen table over a cup of coffee.
2. Breathing Space– When I read Grandmalin’s blog, I feel like I’m somewhere on vacation visiting friends. I always find her posts interesting.
3. The Stanza- A writers blog, I find her posts very thoughtful and her pictures draw you into the story.
4. You Can Just Go. It’s Like Supercuts-I’m not going to lie, Dashley is my daughter. I got her started in blogging recently, she went to college and majored in screen writing. Her blog is quirky and humorous. She posts photos of all different kinds of things she finds interesting, she loves going to estate sales as you can tell from her posts.
Here are the rules for those nominated:
- Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List 7 things about you that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
- Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.
Don’t forget to visit the blogs above and thank you again to Joan! Happy blogging.